EMPLOYER FACT SHEET
1. Insurance Coverage – Have it for your employees; even family members and part-time employees need to be covered.
2. File A First Report – File a First Report of Injury form (8WC) within five (5) days of notification of an injury.
3. First Aid Treatment — One-time treatment less than $2,000.00; you may pay, but you must file First Report with the NH-DOL and no need to file with your carrier.
4. Communicate with the adjuster – advise the adjuster handling your employee’s claim:
a. Advise them of any extenuating circumstances.
b. Provide names of witnesses.
c. Advise the adjuster that you have a light-duty program.
5. Reinstatement Laws – an If you have five or more employees and the injured employee is released to return to work within 18 months of the injury by their treating physician, then you must reinstate that employee to their former position.
6. Light Duty — An employer with 5 or more employees, you must offer temporary alternative duty.
7. Job Modification Reimbursement – The job modification provision provides for reimbursement of 1/2 of the cost of a job modification up to $5000 per year per employer. There does not have to be any lost time, (revised 11-15-18), but there does have to be a First Report on file, and the application must have prior approval.